The Lee Group’s recruitment and staffing team in Newport News, Virginia is currently hiring for AP Coordinators to support the Accounting Department for a top-rated national wholesale supplier of commercial and residential plumbing supplies.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of accounting functions, strong data entry and willingness to learn transactions to billing and payments.
The pay rate for this position – which works from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday; is $13.50 per hour.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages the entry and reconciliation of vendor invoices, in preparation for vendor payment.
- Responsible for entering vendor invoices, identifying payment terms and matching invoices to purchase orders.
- Prepare vendor invoices for payment.
- Identify, review and reconcile discrepant accounts payable items in a timely and expeditious manner.
- Provide elevated levels of support to the branches at Month End as well as Mid-Year and Year End.
- Identify trends and recommend solutions to improve overall performance and efficiency within assigned locations.
- Provide unparalleled customer service to both internal and external customers.
- May require advanced problem solving.
Requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable processes preferred.
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts through course-work or relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, adjusting in accordance with job objectives.
- Ability to manage and analyze large amounts of data accurately.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team Oriented.
- Excellent customer service skill.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen as well as a criminal background check prior to job placement.