The Lee Group’s recruitment and staffing team in Newport News, Virginia is currently hiring for a Machine Operators to support a Local Manufacturing Company in Hampton, Virginia.
The ideal candidate will have Machine Operating and/or Saw Operating experience in a Manufacturing facility. The Operator must perform job duties with little or no supervision.
The pay rate for this position – which works from 4:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday – ranges from $10.26 per hour to $11.25 per hour depending on experience.
Successful candidates should be able to cut aluminum rods into slugs. These directives include, but are not limited to, the setup, production, auditing, and cleanup for the operations. The Operator is also responsible for operating the scrap saw. The duties of the operator cutting scarp will be to control incoming scrap, ensure that scrap is recorded, cut the scrap that is required to be cut, and deliver the scrap materials to the appropriate bins.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Obtain direction from supervisor
- Check shop order for the correct heat code
- Setup job, including attaching the correct saw blade and retrieving aluminum rods from the inventory area
- Load aluminum rods onto saw bed
- Make face cut to ensure saw performance
- Perform quality checks in accordance with floor inspection sheets
- Unload stock from trucks and verify and sign paperwork for incoming stock
- Submit and receive approval on first article before running production
- Cut scrap bottles in the correct machine cutter according to part size
- Review scrap sheet on basket to verify it matches what is in the basket
- Ensure that scrap codes being used match the defect of the product
- Sort scrap according to alloy
- Weigh and track scrap weight before placing scrap on the trailer
Requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The educational requirement for this job position is a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- The Saw Operator must be able to speak clear English. He or she must be able to perform basic mathematics skills up to and including High School level.
- Equivalent levels of experience and training may be considered.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen as well as a criminal background check prior to job placement.
Submit an online application immediately here: www.theleegroup.com/apply-online.
Questions? Contact Brittani Bunch at email@example.com.