The Lee Group’s recruitment and staffing team in Chesapeake, Virginia is currently hiring for an Electrical Technician (mid-senior level) to support a heavy equipment manufacturing company out of Chesapeake, Virginia!
The ideal candidate will be focused on setup, inspection, calibration, and troubleshooting of AC and DC systems on railroad maintenance equipment.
The pay rate for this position – which works from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday – ranges from $26-33 per hour depending on experience.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs functions such as assembling, testing, modifying, calibrating, and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical systems.
- Maintain records of inspections (as required) on the machines. Tests and reports on sub-systems that include, but not limited to PLC systems, power distribution (AC & DC), transducers, and control modules.
- Properly use tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Interpret technical drawings, manufacturer’s instructions, maintenance procedures and specifications and ensure compliance with customer specifications, work orders, and company quality standards.
- Receive training on new technologies, equipment, safety, and work related subjects.
- Identify and correct unsafe conditions and practices. Inspect for quality workmanship during the machine assembly process.
Requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minimum 5 years experience as an electrician in automotive, heavy machinery, industrial or related industry
- Knowledge of DC/AC, Voltage Circuit Theory and practical troubleshooting skills
- Must have basic computer skills (email, internet, MS office)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English. Capable of working in a team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and engineering blueprints.
- PLC experience and knowledge is preferred
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen as well as a criminal background check prior to job placement.
Submit an online application immediately here: www.theleegroup.com/apply-online.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.