The Lee Group’s recruitment and staffing team in Chesapeake, Virginia is currently hiring for a Hydraulic Technician to support a heavy equipment manufacturing company out of Chesapeake, Virginia!
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of hydraulic pumps, motors, proportional and direct operated valves, servo’s, cylinders and relief valves.
The pay rate for this position – which works from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Fridays – ranges from $26-33 per hour depending on experience.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure the fluid power system is assembled in compliance with detailed schematics using shop and industry best practices.
- Prepare the fluid power system for operation.
- Perform operational testing and component adjustments.
- Troubleshoot problems as needed.
- Machine calibration.
- Document settings and any Non-Conformance items according to company standards.
Requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Three years experience in the fluid power field.
- Experienced with the use of test equipment such as pressure gauges and flow meters.
- Trade School, certificates or military “A” schools in the field of fluid power.
- Ability to troubleshoot/identify root causes and systematically solve problems.
- Knowledge of different sealing methods for various types of fittings.
- Experience with electrical testing and troubleshooting of 12 and 24 volt DC systems.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Capable of working in a team environment.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, internet, MS office).
- Ability to communicate, apply, understand and carry out written or verbal instructions.
- Identifying opportunities for process and machine improvements.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen as well as a criminal background check prior to job placement.
Submit an online application immediately here: www.theleegroup.com/apply-online.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.