The Lee Group recruitment team in Newport News, Virginia is now hiring for a Quality Control Technician.
Candidates for this job must be able to perform lab preparation activities and analyses, effectively communicate with co-workers, perform a variety of analytical tests on finished goods and raw materials, work in both a team environment and independently as needed, and actively work to encourage a culture of quality amongst co-workers.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
• Evaluate incoming raw materials and outgoing “finished” flavors, maintaining appropriate records.
• Performs analytical and organoleptic tests of raw materials & finished products (sensory, physical, chemical, microbiological).
• Compound commercial flavors, keys & concentrates in a lab environment.
• Develop and maintain specifications of flavor compounds.
• Maintain Q.C. laboratory including procurement of lab supplies.
• Keep laboratory equipment operational by performing daily calibrations.
• Responsible for laboratory record keeping and documentations.
• Prepare Certificate of Analysis reports for outgoing shipments.
• Assist with regulatory requirements and related record-keeping.
• Understand and follow all applicable HACCP, GMP, SQF and related concepts.
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
• Communicates effectively with all departments to support quality and food safety at all times
• Responsible for ensuring food safety and notifying production and quality management of food safety risks.
• B.S. Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or Related Field
• 1-2+ years in a laboratory environment
• Knowledge of analytical testing procedures including instrumentation and chemical analyses
• Strong organoleptic skills
• Strong mathematical skills, reading comprehension and proficiency in required computer systems
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Attention to detail and the ability to discern variation in color, taste and aroma
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment and respond positively to changes in daily duties and workload
• Can work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen as well as a criminal background check prior to job placement.
Please submit a resume with detailed work experience and your most current phone number to email@example.com.