The Lee Group’s recruitment and staffing team in Chesapeake, Virginia is currently hiring for a Delivery Driver to support a 3rd party logistics company in their furniture delivery division.
The ideal candidate will have experience in both delivery driving and furniture assembly.
The pay rate for this position – which works from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday – Friday – ranges from $14-16 per hour depending on experience.
Successful candidates should have a good driving record and an ability to work over time – NO CDL requirement!
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Loading the truck every morning with the warehouse team
- Safely driving the truck around the local area to make deliveries
- Coordinating with office personnel on delivery schedule
- Communicating with customers during the day and managing the delivery schedule
- Unloading the trucks with a team mate and entering a customer’s home to deliver and assembly furniture
- Safely and accurately delivering the furniture – to include careful handling of product to prevent damages
- Use of hand tools and equipment to perform the job safely
- Addressing any customer service issues that may arise throughout the course of the day professionally
Requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A current, valid driver’s license with a +3 or higher on the MVR
- Lifting ability of 50+ pounds
- A good understanding of the local region’s geography and roadways
- Communication skills for team work and customer service savvy
- Experience in a similar role
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen as well as a criminal background check prior to job placement.
Submit an online application immediately here: www.theleegroup.com/apply-online.
Questions? Contact Nicole.email@example.com.